Yaşar University / Department of Architecture /
Program Adaptation and Course Exemption Application Process
1. Program Adaptation / Course Exemption Application
- Course exemption table is prepared only for the registered students of the Department of Architecture. Students who have not registered yet may gain an understanding
aboutthe probable exemption status of their courses by comparing their course information with our Curriculum and Course Contents which are readily available on the department web site.
- As of the date of enrollment in the Faculty of Architecture at Yaşar University, students enrolled in the preparatory class request a course exemption within 10 working days without waiting for the first year and submit any missing documents.
- A graduate transfer exemption application is made to the Faculty Secretary. Application for undergraduate transfer is made to the Student Affairs.
- The student is obliged to submit the complete set of necessary documents and contents for the exemption. Applications made with missing and incomplete content are not acceptable.
- Students whose exemption applications have been processed in previous years may apply again if there is a new course
ofwhich the content is parallel to a previously taken one due to curriculum change.
2. Required documents for the course exemption / Program Adaptation application
- Course exemption form
- Transcript related to the previous program
- Contents of the courses in the provided transcript (including summer practice if applicable).
3. Program Adaptation / Course Exemption Process
- Student course exemption application is processed for once.
- Following the approval of the exemption decision, the decision is handed over to the student in person by the department secretary. The student’s signature is required to confirm that the student received the decision. The exemption decision notification
includethe decision of the board of directors along with a table that shows the student’s exempt courses and the courses to be taken in the future semesters according to the department’s curriculum.
- The student has the right to appeal to the exemption decision within five (5) working days after the date that the department secretary hands the decision to the student. Appeals to the exemption decisions may be submitted to the department secretary in writing(dated and signed). Any objections made after the five (5) business day period are not accepted.