Vision and Mission of Architecture Department
The Department of Architecture engenders an intellectual, ethical and supportive learning and collegial environment that foregrounds critical reasoning, creative problem solving and design-centered approach, and fosters cutting-edge studies enriched by interdisciplinary connections in order to construe the issues faced by contemporary society in both local and global scales.
In line with this vision the Department will accomplish its mission by:
- Encouraging students to develop their abilities in critical reasoning, conceptual thinking and creative problem-solving in diverse contexts;
- Providing the students with a comprehensive integrated curriculum informed both by a contemporary understanding of the discipline and by an interdisciplinary perspective;
- Fostering creative practices based on design-centered, project-based, hands-on and heuristic methodologies;
- Concentrating on social, environmental and technological issues of contemporary society, and on their effects on built environments in different scales;
- Cultivating research-based design approaches that embrace state-of-the-art techniques and technologies across related disciplines.
- Enabling students to improve their communication skills with professionals and non-professionals through a wide array of means from verbal to digital.