The internship period is 20 working days for each internship. There are two internships; construction site and office. (The construction site internship must be done before the office Internship and two internships cannot be done consecutively in the same summer period). *
ARCH 3331 Work Site Internship: It will be done by students who have completed their 4th semester.
ARCH 4431 Office Internship: It will be done by students who have completed their 6th semester.
The internship course is one of the courses that the student has to register in the Fall Semester Course Registration Week, following the summer that the student does their internship.
At the end of the internship process, the student who is found unsuccessful has the right to do the internship again in the next semesters. But; If the student does not succeed in these internship repeats, he / she will not be able to receive a graduation certificate.
It is not possible to do an internship during the academic year. **
The steps to follow during the internship:
- The student who find the company / institution to intern at should wait for the approval of the Internship Committee after entering the internship information on http://staj.yasar.edu.tr/. The approved form must be printed out and gotten signed by the company, then it must be scanned and uploaded to the system. After the approval of the signed form, the Statement of Employment, which can be accessed from the system, must be delivered to the company at the beginning of the internship.
- The student will download the Internship Evaluation Form and Internship Report from the website.
- Internship evaluation form; At the end of the internship period, internship evaluation form will be delivered to the internship committee by the student in a closed envelope containing the signature and stamp of the firm official (students are not allowed to open this envelope) or sent by mail to the Department Head Office by the official of the internship company.
- Internship Report; It is a report in which the works that are monitored and participated in each day during the internship process are supported with visual material and presented in detail. Everything in this report (daily jobs, drawings and images) should be in the form of the internship report provided on the website.
- During the internship, business follow-up will be done regularly, and the work conducted daily will be recorded in the internship report.
- The internship report and the internship evaluation form will be delivered by the students to the relevant internship commission member on the dates announced on webpage.
- Internship report will be written on computer in English.
- As a result of the evaluation done by the internship commission, the student will see whether they are successful or unsuccessful. No grading will be made.
- Unsuccessful students will repeat their internships.
ARCH 3331 CONSTRUCTION SITE INTERNSHIP: Students who have completed their 4th semester are obliged to do an internship for a minimum of 20 working days at the construction sites that are considered as architectural works by the offices inspected by the Chamber of Architects.
The building where the students of the Department of Architecture will do internship should be in the rough construction phase. Student should be able to follow the processes of foundation construction, carcass system construction, iron assembly, concrete pouring, wall construction, roof etc. The student should follow the entire rough construction process in order and define it in the internship report.
During 20 working days, the student can find different stages and details by doing different constructions of the company he / she will do internship at.
While transferring the works he / she follows at the construction site to the internship report, the student must make technical descriptions of these works and support them with visual materials (photographs, sketches, etc.). Different stages of manufacturing processes should be documented by taking photos. These photographs should be numbered and have explanations below them. Verbal and visual expression must be placed together.
At least one page should be allocated for each day in the Internship Report, the number should be increased according to the need, and the pages should be stamped and signed by the authorized architect / engineer.
ARCH 4431 OFFICE INTERNSHIP: Students who have completed their 6th semester are obliged to do office internship for a minimum of 20 working days in the offices supervised by the Chamber of Architects. The company manager or responsible architect in the workplace should be working in this profession for at least 5 years.
The student should spend the internship period in the most efficient way for them. At the end of the internship, he / she should have the ability to apply this information by using the theoretical knowledge they obtained during their architectural education.
During the internship, the student should take part in the design and drawing stages of architectural preliminary and application projects and contribute to these stages.
The student should verbally explain the work he / she does or follows to the internship report and support it with visual elements (drawings, tables, etc.). However, the size of these drawings should be maximum in A4 format (A3 format should be folded if necessary, no drawing larger than A3 format.
Lectures Web page (Enrollment Key: arch)