What is it?
It is a European Union funded programme for student and staff mobility for a period of 3-12 months.
What are the rules of participation?
A GPA of 2.2 for undergraduate students, a GPA of 2.50 for graduate students.
To know the host university’s language of instruction at least B2 level.
To be successful at the language proficiency exam. You must get at least 60 from the Erasmus Language Exam. The Erasmus Language Exam is a written exam. (Students do not take any oral exam)
The exam dates and the other details can be found here.
What is the basic procedure?
- Application to the International Office and taking the exams
- If successful, course selection with the Department Coordinator (Minimum 20 ECTS)
- Approval of the Learning Agreement by Yaşar University and the host institution
How are students selected?
Academic Success Level: 50%
Language Level: 50%
How do I apply for a visa in the Erasmus Process?
Erasmus students are individually responsible for applying and obtaining their own visa and residence permit. Yasar University International Office assists the students to provide information about basic arrangements concerning the visa and residence permit. The related fees are required to be paid by the student.
Can I use my Erasmus Exam result for future applications in next Semesters?
The result of the exam is not a granted right and can not be claimed for the following academic year. It just enables the students to apply only for that call.
- Submit the all required application documents to the International Office not later than the announced deadline.
After receiving the Erasmus Grant
- Decide your university where you will study as an Erasmus student. Please visit each partner’s web sites carefully (see table below). Your courses have to be equivalent with the host university.
- If there is a problem about courses you should urgently find a new host university.
- Collect detailed information about the partner university. You should visit their web sites, contact with other Erasmus students from different universities and web groups.
- Check the Academic Calendar of the host university
All the information in the Learning Agreement (LA), including course tables and all the names of the people who should sign the document, must be filled in by the applicant (student).
- Complete your Application Forms, Transcript of Records and Learning Agreement, and submit them to the department Erasmus Coordinator before the deadline announced by the host university.
- Complete any necessary other forms from the host university, including accommodation forms and Language forms.
- If the host university does not offer accommodation, act as earlier as possible to arrange your accommodation. You can have support of Yasar University International Office for previous experiences and relevant web sites where you can check for accommodation.
- Receive the Information Package and Letter of Acceptance from the partner University.
- Apply for a student visa at the local consulate of the host country, start to collect the documents as soon as possible.
- Make your travel and health insurance.
- Check the flight options and dates.
- Open a bank account (euro account) in the relevant bank that International Office will indicate you.
- Attend the Online Language Exam (OLS) held by European Commission. Students who will attend the Erasmus program (except speaking in their mother tongue), will be subject to an online language exam before and after mobility. These exams are applied in different 24 languages. If the student doesn’t complete the first language exam, it is not possible to sign a contract with the student and accordingly students are not sent abroad.
- Participate in Erasmus Orientation Seminar for Outgoing Students (Obligatory) Please check the University Erasmus Announcements regularly to be able to attend the Seminar.
- Sign your Erasmus Contract.
- Make sure to make your renewal of registration by Yasar Student Affairs before departure.
*** Deadline for LA Change form is 1 month after your departure.
- We strongly suggest you to cc the Department Erasmus Coordinator MMB and Res. Asst. ÖCB to your emails when you get contact with any Erasmus related person (Yaşar Erasmus Office or Other University Erasmus Responsibles ).